Feb 6th 11 - 4 pm. Email us aqsazine @ gmail.com for location details!
The FREE Create the Hype Workshop in Toronto will provide Muslim women and trans people the opportunity share and build skills in creating our own media. It will include a discussion on the public media we consume, problems of representation and voice, and how we can create our own media.
Produce your own news story or other form of audio from start to finish: starting with developing a story idea and how to conduct an interview through to recording, editing and uploading it to a blog.
No technical or journalism experience required. Feel free to bring music, audio clips, newspaper articles or other source information for the workshop.
TTC, light lunch and materials provided!
Workshop open to Muslim women and trans people under 30. Space is limited please R.S.V.P by January 25th at email@example.com
Get Skills In
- introductory media analysis
- story development (including finding stories, identifying people or groups to speak with, determining your audience, etc)
- preparing for and conducting an interview (including designing questions)
- how to use a digital recorder
- transferring data to computers
- basic digital editing and some multi-track editing
- how to upload content to a blog
AQSAzine is a grassroots arts collective of 16-35 year old women and trans people who self-identify as Muslim. Our workshop series will be happening throughout 2010. Look out for: spoken word, radio documentary, screen printing, journalism, poetry workshops. The AQSAzine Workshop Series is sponsored by ArtReach Toronto http://www.artreachtoronto.ca/
Cannot attend the workshops but want to participate? Submit to AQSAzine Issue #3 http://aqsazine.blogspot.com/2009/12/submit-to-aqsazine-issue-3-my-islam.html
Peace, love and hugsAQSAzine Team